New California Legal guidelines to Know to Keep Your Automobile insurance Rates Low
It seems like just the other day we were counting down the particular seconds to 2014, the starting of a new year and a new beginning.? Plus a blink of eye, its now mid-February! Which means that while you were active putting away those excersize equipment or exchanging all those gifts that you just werent consequently into, seven brand new California laws went into effect that you need to find out about.? So read up, get notes, and listen to these new rules to keep your auto insurance rates very low.
- Teen Drivers (SB194) CIf youre a young person driver or you include the parent of one, this can be a big one. The following law prohibits any person who is under 20 years of age from using an electronic wireless communications gadget to write, send, or simply read a text-based communication while driving, even though it is equipped with a hands-free device. My advice for teens,? just simply put your cell phone regarding silent and put them in the trunk to protect yourself from any temptation or maybe better yet, an expensive ticketed!
- Clean Air Vehicle Decal/HOV Decals (AB 266 & SB286) C Good news for people with HOV stickers!? A lot of these laws extend sun dates to Present cards. 1, 2019, for low emission, zero emission vehicles to operate during high occupancy vehicle shelves (HOV)
- Commercial Drivers License (AB 1047) C The following law allows the Department of motor vehicles to conduct the actual commercial drive test out for the holder of an out-of-state commercial learners permit.? The department would digitally transfer the information into the motor vehicle department in the applicants state of dwelling. This law likewise modifies the licenses class definitions to wish a driver operating a bus weighing much more than 26,000 excess fat to hold a commercial Class B license in addition to a driver operating some sort of bus weighing 26th,000 pounds or perhaps less to hold an industrial Class C certificate.
- DMV Vehicle Registration Start Program (SB 806) C this law authorizes your DMV to establish an airplane pilot program to evaluate the use of alternatives to stickers, case, license plates, along with registration cards, controlled by certain requirements. It will also give the DMV to experiment with electric license plates, and also explore cost-effective alternatives to Californias classic metal license plate, plastic-coated registration stickers, plus paper registration handmade cards.
- Registration and Vehicle Transfers Between Family Members (Abdominal exercises 443) C This law discourages? the transfer of automotive ownership to a distant relative or revocable living have confidence in until all car or toll breach fines and fines have been paid by way of the transferee.
- Veterans License Plates (SB244) C This unique law requires the Colorado Department of Vets Affairs (CalVet) to recruit a veterans special fascination license plate and requires the DMV to issue the veterans denture if CalVet meets the present statutory requirements. That law creates, beyond the current Honoring Masters design of the Veterans Business Plate, a new program to reissue the Professional design that was granted prior to January One particular, 2010. These dishes are available to all vehicle owners. The Office of Veterans Extramarital liasons must secure 5,500 preCpaid applications in order for the department to apply this plate application.
- Bicycle Passing Distance (Belly 1371) C This law, also referred to as the Three Feet pertaining to Safety Act, will demand a driver passing a bicycle thats proceeding in the similar direction to maintain your distance of at least three feet between any part of the vehicle and then any part of the bicycle or perhaps driver.? When three feet away is not possible, the motorized vehicle must slow to the reasonable speed and also pass only if theres simply no danger to the cyclist. Failing to do so will be able to incur in a good, regardless of a collision or otherwise. This law will need effect September 06, 2014.
So there you have it, seven brand-new California laws designed for 2014. What do you think? Let us know your thinking in the comments sections below